Friday, January 22, 2010

For the Love of the Animals

What is it about animals that just tugs on my heart strings?! Shortly after we got married, I asked (perhaps begged is a better word) Trevyor to get me a puppy. I honestly think he was getting ready to give me the okay when...bbrriinnggg!!

The phone rang...


I remember my mom saying, "Aunt Barb found this...well...stray dog. He has been roaming the fields near her house and they are looking for a good home." GASP! It was FATE! Five minutes of diliberation later, I called back and said... "We want him!!"

I thank God every single day we did. If you know me, you might assume that 2 minutes after this phone call I had a name picked out for our new little family member. Oliver the Orphan. Needless to say, Oliver is no longer an orphan! He is now lovingly known as Ollie, OllieBear, Boo boo, Tubby, and Love Muffin. Hey--they always say people give nicknames to the ones they love. ;-)

I know that dogs may not be for everyone...but we will ALWAYS have one. =-) The other day Trevyor told me, "Honey, you made me a dog lover." TALK ABOUT HEART MELT! So with this in mind I urge you to just think about it. There are so many animals in need of loving homes.

Check out petfinder.com



A really great quote from the movie Marley and Me... "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. — John Grogan